Living in Prescott means embracing the city's outdoor culture. With four seasons to experience all the popular outdoor Arizona recreation activities, visitors and residents of Prescott can't help but take advantage of the Prescott, Arizona hiking, biking boating, fishing and birdwatching Prescott, Arizona has to offer. Life in Prescott promotes a healthy lifestyle of fitness and wellness, and you're certain to find a friend or group of like-minded folks with whom you can hike, bike, run, walk or climb.
There's a Prescott, Arizona outdoor activity for everyone: mountain biking, hiking, running, walking, horseback riding, water sports, kayaking, boating, fishing and lakes and recreation areas. Plus, Prescott parks and recreation activities offer additional outdoor fun. Let Prescott.com be your guide to all the popular outdoor Arizona recreation activities that make Prescott a special place in which to live and visit for the healthy, fit and outdoor-bound!
For visitors and locals alike:
- Enjoy hiking, sightseeing, wildlife watching and mountain biking in the Prescott National Forest.
- Fishing, boating, and water recreation at the lakes around the Prescott. Explore Watson Lake, Lynx Lake, Goldwater Lake, Granite Basin Lake, and Willow Lake. You’ll enjoy wide-open spaces, watching water birds, admiring the granite dells and gathering at picturesque lakeside picnic and hiking/walking trails.
- Get out on The Greenway Trails, a network of urban trails and parks along Granite and Miller Creeks running through downtown Prescott.
- Rent a mountain bike from an outfitter like Absolute Bikes and explore the Prescott National Forest or rent a motorcycle from a company like Grand Canyon Harley Davidson, located right on Historic Whiskey Row (Montezuma Street) and take a half-day ride to Sedona, Jerome, Cottonwood or Flagstaff.
- Take a Jeep tour and see parts of the desert you may not have an opportunity to otherwise see. There are Grand Canyon tours from Prescott and Sedona tours nearby.
- Take a romantic hot air balloon ride, complete with a champagne brunch. Nearby Sedona offers some of the most breathtaking sunrise hot-air ballooning in the country. Set out early from Prescott; Sedona is about 67 miles / 90 minutes away and balloons depart at dawn.
Yes! Send me Prescott Deals
Best of PrescottPrescott recreation and guided tours include fishing and boating, horseback riding, hiking and biking, and Verde Valley sightseeing tours. [more...] Located in Prescott, this infamous walk is one of Arizona's most popular streets for visiting galleries, shops, bars and restaurants. [more...] Choose from Prescott's best attractions like Courthouse Square, Sharlot Hall Museum, Phippen Art Museum or the Smoki Museum. [more...] Prescott is in the heart of Arizona wine country. Take a tour to nearly a dozen wineries, vineyards and wine tasting rooms near Prescott. [more...] Hit the jackpot at any of several Prescott, Arizona area casinos. Enjoy gaming, entertainment, dining and family fun like bowling. [more...] Find the best local flavor Prescott has to offer in our restaurant guide. You will relish Prescott's relaxed and casual dining atmosphere. (more...)
- 13 Spookiest Haunts in Arizona
October 01, 2013
Are you an amateur ghost hunter? Thrill seeker? Fan of the Wild Wild West and its legendary cowboys, gunfighters, miners and the "soiled angels" that entertained them? Then make your plans to visit some of Arizona's most haunted and storied spots to see if you experience similar paranormal phenomena reported by other tou...
- Dear Arizona Travel: Beating the Summer Heat?
June 04, 2013
Dear Arizona Travel: We plan on visiting Arizona this summer and want to do a lot of fun stuff, but how can we get out of the heat? We love horseback riding, hiking, wine touring and especially river rafting. We have an 11 year old and a 14 year old; we are a very active 
- Arizona Biker-Friendly Hotels and Motels
March 27, 2013
In the spirit of Arizona Bike Week 2013 and as a complement our 7 Best Arizona Scenic Drives, we thought we'd put together a list of Arizona Biker-Friendly Hotels and Motels. In truth, most hotels and motels are biker-friendly. But bikers need hotels and motels that don't just tolerate bikers, but cater to motorcycle rid...