Living in Prescott means embracing the city's outdoor culture. With four seasons to experience all the popular outdoor Arizona recreation activities, visitors and residents of Prescott can't help but take advantage of the Prescott, Arizona hiking, biking boating, fishing and birdwatching Prescott, Arizona has to offer. Life in Prescott promotes a healthy lifestyle of fitness and wellness, and you're certain to find a friend or group of like-minded folks with whom you can hike, bike, run, walk or climb.
There's a Prescott, Arizona outdoor activity for everyone: mountain biking, hiking, running, walking, horseback riding, water sports, kayaking, boating, fishing and lakes and recreation areas. Plus, Prescott parks and recreation activities offer additional outdoor fun. Let Prescott.com be your guide to all the popular outdoor Arizona recreation activities that make Prescott a special place in which to live and visit for the healthy, fit and outdoor-bound!
For visitors and locals alike:
- Enjoy hiking, sightseeing, wildlife watching and mountain biking in the Prescott National Forest.
- Fishing, boating, and water recreation at the lakes around the Prescott. Explore Watson Lake, Lynx Lake, Goldwater Lake, Granite Basin Lake, and Willow Lake. You’ll enjoy wide-open spaces, watching water birds, admiring the granite dells and gathering at picturesque lakeside picnic and hiking/walking trails.
- Get out on The Greenway Trails, a network of urban trails and parks along Granite and Miller Creeks running through downtown Prescott.
- Rent a mountain bike from an outfitter like Absolute Bikes and explore the Prescott National Forest or rent a motorcycle from a company like Grand Canyon Harley Davidson, located right on Historic Whiskey Row (Montezuma Street) and take a half-day ride to Sedona, Jerome, Cottonwood or Flagstaff.
- Take a Jeep tour and see parts of the desert you may not have an opportunity to otherwise see. There are Grand Canyon tours from Prescott and Sedona tours nearby.
- Take a romantic hot air balloon ride, complete with a champagne brunch. Nearby Sedona offers some of the most breathtaking sunrise hot-air ballooning in the country. Set out early from Prescott; Sedona is about 67 miles / 90 minutes away and balloons depart at dawn.
Yes! Send me Prescott Deals
Best of PrescottPrescott recreation and guided tours include fishing and boating, horseback riding, hiking and biking, and Verde Valley sightseeing tours. [more...] Located in Prescott, this infamous walk is one of Arizona's most popular streets for visiting galleries, shops, bars and restaurants. [more...] Choose from Prescott's best attractions like Courthouse Square, Sharlot Hall Museum, Phippen Art Museum or the Smoki Museum. [more...] Prescott is in the heart of Arizona wine country. Take a tour to nearly a dozen wineries, vineyards and wine tasting rooms near Prescott. [more...] Hit the jackpot at any of several Prescott, Arizona area casinos. Enjoy gaming, entertainment, dining and family fun like bowling. [more...] Find the best local flavor Prescott has to offer in our restaurant guide. You will relish Prescott's relaxed and casual dining atmosphere. (more...)
- When and Where to See Fall Leaves in Arizona
October 05, 2012
In the fall, shorter days plus cooling temperatures in Arizona's higher elevations turn the state's mountains and meadows into a technicolor show of yellow, brown, and coral. But the leaf-peeping season is a short one, so here's a quick list and a handy map of when and where to capture the beauty of fall leaves [...]
- Pumpkin Patches and Family Fun Around AZ
October 04, 2012
Take the kids out for some fun this October at one of the handful of pumpkin patches around the state. Beyond picking pumpkins, you'll find corn mazes, great food, hayrides, petting zoos and live entertainment at these AZ pumpkin patches and pumpkin festivals, listed roughly north to south, and detailed on our AZ Pumpkin...
- Arizona October Kicks Off with Weekend Festivals
October 02, 2012
All over Arizona, temperatures are ratcheting down and outdoor events are ramping up. 'Tis the season for locals, families and visitors to head outside and discover all that October has to offer: pumpkins, markets, concerts, wine, beer, and wildlife. Kick off the month of October this weekend at one of these events: Octo...