- Take a guided hike or horseback trail tour and see parts of the Grand Canyon you may not have an opportunity to see otherwise.
- See the Grand Canyon up close on a Grand Canyon tour by river. Ride the Colorado River and be a part of the millions of years of water, wind and energy that have carved this breathtaking wonder of the world.
- Take in the vastness and majesty of the Grand Canyon with all your senses at any one of several scenic viewpoints. It’s the classic way to see the Grand Canyon that’s perfect for everyone, regardless of age, physical condition or time availability.
- Get a bird’s eye view of the Grand Canyon on a helicopter or airplane tour. Seeing the Canyon by air will truly take your breath away. The views are spectacular...beyond compare. Whether by helicopter or airplane, be sure to see the Grand Canyon by air...and let your dreams take flight.
About the South Rim:
Most visitors come to the South Rim. Reservations for camping and lodging are essential. When making reservations for lodging and camping, remember to identify the rim you plan on visiting. Day-use visitors should expect traffic congestion and parking problems, particularly in summer. The least crowded time is November through February. However, winter weather is a major consideration when planning a trip during these months. The South Rim of Grand Canyon averages 7000 feet/2134 m above sea level. Visitors with respiratory or heart problems may experience difficulties. All walking at this elevation can be strenuous.
About the North Rim:
Along the vast Arizona Strip, the Kaibab Plateau rises to over 9,000 ft. The plateau is isolated in the high country. Its remote location keeps this section of the Grand Canyon pristine and beautiful. The Grand Canyon North Rim overshadows the South Rim of the Grand Canyon in subtle ways. The North Rim is enhanced by extreme erosion, faster uplift and a higher altitude resulting in more rain and vegetation growth than the south rim, but the most important factor is that the North Rim's secluded location means fewer visitors and more space for you!
Yes! Send me Prescott Deals
Best of PrescottPrescott recreation and guided tours include fishing and boating, horseback riding, hiking and biking, and Verde Valley sightseeing tours. [more...] Located in Prescott, this infamous walk is one of Arizona's most popular streets for visiting galleries, shops, bars and restaurants. [more...] Choose from Prescott's best attractions like Courthouse Square, Sharlot Hall Museum, Phippen Art Museum or the Smoki Museum. [more...] Prescott is in the heart of Arizona wine country. Take a tour to nearly a dozen wineries, vineyards and wine tasting rooms near Prescott. [more...] Hit the jackpot at any of several Prescott, Arizona area casinos. Enjoy gaming, entertainment, dining and family fun like bowling. [more...] Find the best local flavor Prescott has to offer in our restaurant guide. You will relish Prescott's relaxed and casual dining atmosphere. (more...)
- When and Where to See Fall Leaves in Arizona
October 05, 2012
In the fall, shorter days plus cooling temperatures in Arizona's higher elevations turn the state's mountains and meadows into a technicolor show of yellow, brown, and coral. But the leaf-peeping season is a short one, so here's a quick list and a handy map of when and where to capture the beauty of fall leaves [...]
- Pumpkin Patches and Family Fun Around AZ
October 04, 2012
Take the kids out for some fun this October at one of the handful of pumpkin patches around the state. Beyond picking pumpkins, you'll find corn mazes, great food, hayrides, petting zoos and live entertainment at these AZ pumpkin patches and pumpkin festivals, listed roughly north to south, and detailed on our AZ Pumpkin...
- Arizona October Kicks Off with Weekend Festivals
October 02, 2012
All over Arizona, temperatures are ratcheting down and outdoor events are ramping up. 'Tis the season for locals, families and visitors to head outside and discover all that October has to offer: pumpkins, markets, concerts, wine, beer, and wildlife. Kick off the month of October this weekend at one of these events: Octo...