Learn about Prescott history at the many art and history experiences in Prescott. Explore the lives of the early settlers at a Prescott museum or see the work of today's Prescott artists at a Prescott Arizona art gallery. Immerse yourself in Prescott's modern history that spans the last century—see artifacts from the pioneer days to the Prescott fine arts that shape present day Prescott—and you'll be rapt to learn all about Prescott history and Prescott art as countless visitors have been before.
- No trip to Prescott would be complete without a visit to the Smoki Museum. The acclaimed Smoki Museum houses irreplaceable collections of prehistoric and contemporary pottery, prehistoric jewelry and stone artifacts. The Smoki Museum exhibits also include an outstanding collection of Southwest basketry and kachinas. Among the Museum's many valued collections are artist Kate Cory's numerous photographs, paintings and documents.
- Don't miss the Sharlott Hall Museum. Sharlot Hall Museum is the largest museum in the central territory of Arizona, and is dedicated to providing educational adventures in human and natural history. Founded by historian and poet Sharlot M. Hall in 1928, the Museum today explores the rich diversity of regional heritage through festivals, living history events, outdoor theater performances, changing exhibits, publications and research services.
- Be sure to visit Phippen Art Museum, world-renowned for its colletion of and dedication to American Western Art. The museum's mission is to preserve and exhibit museum quality Western art and educate the public about the unique heritage, history, legends and influence of art of the American West. Phippen Art museum is also host to the ever-popular annual Phippen Museum Western Art Show & Sale each May.
- Arcosanti, an experimental town in the desert of Arizona, was built to embody Paolo Soleri's concept of arcology - the fusion of architecture with ecology. Arcosanti is located about 33 miles east off Prescott just off Highway 69 and Interstate 17 (in Cordes Junction).
- If you have kids (or you're a kid at heart) check out the spot... a Child's Museum, an emerging museum for children dedicated to being a child's place of discovery. the spot provides interactive play experiences to stimulate curiosity, creativity, critical thinking and problem solving for children of all ages. It encourages children to become lifelong learners who are inquisitive and knowledgeable about the world and are inspired to become stewards of a peaceful and sustainable planet. Check out ever-changing exhibits and experiences focused on the principles of STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) as well as the fine arts and Prescott's unique history and culture. the spot is centrally located inside Prescott Gateway Mall, next to Dillard's. The museum is open Fridays 11am - 3pm.
Need driving directions to Prescott from Phoenix, Las Vegas, and other cities nearby? Our handy directions will get you here. Prescott is ideally located in central Arizona at the intersection of two major state routes – Highway 69 and Highway 89. It’s also fewer than 90 miles from I-10 and I-40, two coast-to-coast interstates. And once you’re in Prescott, you’ll experience the Gateway to Northern Arizona. Within just a couple hours driving time, Prescott visitors can find themselves in Jerome, wine country, Sedona, or the Grand Canyon. Prescott is the perfect central Arizona location from which to venture out, and we're sure you'll always want to find the road back.
Do you have some questions about Prescott, Arizona? Curious about the history of Prescott? Wondering what Prescott is like today? Do you need directions or a map of the area? We’ve got answers on every topic from Whiskey Row to where to go; from what to pack to weather facts. You’ll find answers you can use when researching your next vacation or your next change-of-address. Prescott.com, THE online resource for Prescott visitors and locals, has put together a full list of Frequently Asked Questions and answers about Prescott, Arizona. We hope they'll help you plan a nice long visit to Prescott soon, or even entice you to make Prescott your next hometown.
You probably don't need help finding things to do in Prescott; there's a ton to do! Nevertheless, we can help you narrow down the list to fit into your perfect Prescott vacation. Looking for family friendly attractions that kids and adults will both love? Or maybe a winery tour, a casino and some grown-up fun is more your style. Whether you want to go for outdoor adventures, embark on an area tour, horseback riding, or golf, the best things to do in Prescott are at your fingertips. Enjoy Prescott attractions like art galleries and museums and historical sites, entertainment and nightlife on Whiskey Row and beyond and dozens of other Prescott attractions.
Are you dreaming about Prescott Arizona real estate? You are certainly not alone. Prescott real estate and Prescott Valley real estate together are one of the most popular targets for Arizona retirement, resort style living communities and new homes. Who wouldn't want to find Prescott, Arizona homes for sale and start enjoying year-round outdoor weather, diverse landscapes, rock formations, pine forests, majestic mountains and rolling foothills? Find a Prescott realtor - someone who's a true expert in Prescott, Arizona real estate? Browse Prescott Arizona homes for sale - like golf course homes - inside resort living communities. You'll find it all on Prescott.com.
Yes! Send me Prescott Deals
Best of PrescottPrescott recreation and guided tours include fishing and boating, horseback riding, hiking and biking, and Verde Valley sightseeing tours. [more...] Located in Prescott, this infamous walk is one of Arizona's most popular streets for visiting galleries, shops, bars and restaurants. [more...] Choose from Prescott's best attractions like Courthouse Square, Sharlot Hall Museum, Phippen Art Museum or the Smoki Museum. [more...] Prescott is in the heart of Arizona wine country. Take a tour to nearly a dozen wineries, vineyards and wine tasting rooms near Prescott. [more...] Hit the jackpot at any of several Prescott, Arizona area casinos. Enjoy gaming, entertainment, dining and family fun like bowling. [more...] Find the best local flavor Prescott has to offer in our restaurant guide. You will relish Prescott's relaxed and casual dining atmosphere. (more...)